What are the system requirements?
- iPhone 6s or newer, iPad Pro (model year 2016 or newer), or iPad (6th generation or newer)
- iOS 11 or later
Running shot tracking on your device requires relatively recent hardware. For simply exploring the app, Homecourt only requires iPhone 5s or newer.
How do I setup HomeCourt for shot tracking?
(1) Use a tripod.
For HomeCourt to work, your iPhone needs to have a clear view of the hoop, the court and the shooter. Ideally, your iPhone needs to be about 5 feet above the ground to get a good view. A great way to achieve this is to use a tripod. We recommend the following:
- All purpose set up: tripod and mount - you need both.
- More portable version but less ideal height: selfie stick with stand (assembly tutorial)
(2) Setup the tripod in a good location.
Ideal locations to place tripod.
(3) Make sure your iPhone has a clear view.
The camera should always be able to see the player, the ball, the net and the 3 point line.
What a clear view looks like.
(4) Tap “NEXT” and follow the onscreen instructions.
(5) Tap “START” and start shooting!
How do I use it with my team?
If you are planning to use HomeCourt with your team, we are building a wonderful experience for team use. Please get in touch by emailing email@example.com to get your team set up.
What are the ideal working conditions for HomeCourt AI?
HomeCourt’s mobile AI works in a wide variety of conditions, indoor and outdoor, with or without shooting machine, with or without passer and rebounder. However, Homecourt will work more accurately in the following conditions:
Indoor, well lit environment
Hoop with net
Court with clear court lines
1 shooter (optional: 1 rebounder)
Ball with typical color